The Origin of Man
It is well documented that many anthropologists and scientist adamantly believe that Africa is the Cradle of Humankind, the origin of human life as we know it, where it all started. These early Homo sapiens required tools and implements with which to hunt, cook, build and live. They constructed these tools out of stone, bone and wood. The remnants of these have provided much insight into the types of materials that were available during that early time, what they ate and how they lived. These all bear testimony to their way of life and level of advancement.
The so called Recent Single-Origin Hypothesis also placed the development of mankind as originating from one central point. Furthermore, DNA evidence added to this popular theory that all mankind on earth originated, at some time in human history, from Africa.
Excavations done over the last few years at Blombos Cave, Stilbaai, by prof. Chris Henshilwood of the Universities of Witwatersrand and Bergen in Norway, indicated that humans lived and occupied the area 75,000 years ago. Pieces of ochre engraved with abstract designs, beads made from Nassarius shells, bone tools indicating evidence of shell fishing, bladelet stone tools and a large number of small flakes indicating on-site production.
Please vist the Origin of Man website for more information and articles.
The Origin of Man Articles
- Archeology Mossel Bay – Origin of Modern Thinking Man / Modern Human Origins
- Modern Human Origins / The Historical Capital of the World
- Modern Human Origins – When the Mossel Bay Sea Saved Humanity – Scientific American
- Modern Human Origins – We Are The Apes Who Took To The Sea – Wall Street Journal
- Modern Human Origins – Human Evolution and the Great Leap Forward
- GENETICS of Human Origin: The Toba Catastrophe / Supereruption
- San / Khoisan Evolution, World Population Family Tree, DNA Migration of Modern Human Origin
- Modern Human Origin – Mossel Bay – The True / Real Garden Of Eden
- Genetics: Body Louse, Modern Human Origins, Clothing in Mossel Bay 170,000 years ago.
- The Khoisan People of Mossel Bay
- Adam and Eve were Khoisan from Mossel Bay
Book with us!
- 1 Point Village Guesthouse, Bland Street East, The Point, Mossel Bay, 6500, South Africa
- +27(0) 44 690 7792
- +27(0) 86 512 2062
Activities in Mossel Bay
- Shark Cage Diving in Mossel Bay
- SCUBA Diving in Mossel Bay
- Skydiving in Mossel Bay
- Blue Flag Beaches in Mossel Bay
- Golf in Mossel Bay
- Origin of Man Hiking Trail
- Fishing in Mossel Bay
- Game Drives near Mossel Bay
- Lighthouse in Mossel Bay
- Museums in Mossel Bay
- Seal Island Boat Trips in Mossel Bay
- Whale Watching Boat Trips in Mossel Bay
- 24 Nov 2014Mossel Bay during December...